Do you never seem to have enough storage space in your bathroom? If so, you’re not alone. Between morning routines and nightly soaks, the bathroom serves many purposes, often in a limited space.
Storage and organization is a huge concern, especially in small bathrooms. Like a never-ending game of “Where’s Waldo?” trying to find a spot for towels, toiletries, and everything in-between can be a chore. Most often, we end up stacking stuff on top of the toilet or balancing it on the sink, praying nothing comes crashing down.
So if you struggle with a tiny bathroom but don’t have the time or budget for a full remodel, rest assured, it’s not all doom and gloom. Consider investing in custom bathroom cabinets.
Custom cabinets can be a game-changer for small bathrooms, allowing you to utilize every square inch available. Additionally, you can choose the layout you want (lots of drawers and upper cabinets, among other things) to create the perfect cabinet system for your space.
Declutter Your Bathroom
Many of us live with bathrooms that simply have too much stuff in them. From expired prescriptions, product samples, or hair tools we never use, there’s a lot of extra stuff taking up valuable space.
It doesn’t have to be that way. Organizing the bathroom is easier than you’d expect. Here are a few decluttering tips you can use right away:
- Set goals for different areas of your bathroom. Think of each area as a section and imagine what you want it to look like.
- Separate items into what you use every day and what you don’t. Find a new home for the second group.
- Store makeup brushes and toothbrushes in mason jars to keep them off the counter.
- Get rid of old towels, frayed brushes, expired medication/first-aid supplies, and unused perfumes.
- Sort your stuff by like items. For example, medicines should go in one area. The same goes for makeup, hair accessories, skincare, cleaning supplies, and the like.
Once you have a grip on your bathroom clutter, you can then decide how much storage space you’ll need to stow away the remaining items (and accommodate new stuff).
Custom Bathroom Cabinet Ideas
Need inspiration for your custom bathroom cabinets? Here are a few great bathroom cabinet ideas:
1. Use Vertical Space with Tall Cabinets and Shelving Units
First off, think vertically. Take advantage of your bathroom walls and go for cabinets that reach the ceiling. It’s like building a skyscraper for your stuff! You can stash towels, toiletries, and all those bathroom goodies without sacrificing any precious floor space. Of course, you may want to invest in a sturdy, stowaway step stool so you can reach items near the top of your storage skyscraper.
2. Incorporate Built-In Cabinets and Recessed Storage Options
Incorporating built-in cabinets and recessed storage options in a small bathroom is all about maximizing space while keeping it stylish. From hair essentials and a fancy soap collection to recessed medicine cabinets, there’s a lot you can use them for.
3. Optimize Corner Spaces with Customized Corner Cabinets
Here’s a pro tip: don’t forget about your bathroom corners. It’s the Holy Grail of small bathroom storage. Get yourself a custom bathroom cabinet that fits snugly around the corners, and you’ll have a hidden treasure trove of storage space.
4. Use Mirrored Cabinets for Both Storage and Functionality
Want to kill two birds with one stone? Build custom cabinets with mirrored doors. This way, you have a handy mirror for primping and a storage cabinet all-in-one. Plus, the mirror creates the illusion of more space, making your bathroom feel bigger and brighter.
5. Explore Creative Storage Solutions Such as Floating Shelves and Niche Cabinets
Last but not least, get creative by embracing floating shelves, niche cabinets, and other nifty storage tricks. You can install them above the toilet or next to the sink for extra storage space. Display your fancy hand soaps, stash your towels, or show off your collection of rubber ducks. The possibilities are endless!
How to Customize Your Brand-New Bathroom Cabinets?
Once you’re ready to prep your custom bathroom cabinets, consider these quick tips to get started.
1. Materials and Finishes
The first step to unique bathroom cabinets is picking the right materials and finishes. Think about the vibe you want to create. For a sleek and modern look, use materials such as glass, chrome, or glossy finishes. If you prefer a cozy and rustic feel, natural wood or textured surfaces are the way to go.
2. Complementary Styles
Next up, explore bathroom cabinet styles. Pick something that complements your overall home décor. A vintage bathroom needs traditional cabinet styles with ornate details. On the other hand, opt for sleek, simple, Shaker-style cabinets if you’re going for a minimalist and clean aesthetic.
3. Cabinet Configurations
The great thing about custom bathroom cabinets is that you can fit them to your exact specifications. There’s no need to settle for generic sizes that leave awkward gaps. Make sure you’re maximizing every inch of available space with your cabinet layouts.
4. Incorporate Organizational Features
The last thing you want is a jumbled mess inside your cabinets. Customize them with adjustable shelves so you can arrange things just the way you want. Also, add dividers to keep towels separate from toiletries.
5. Additional Features
Make your bathroom cabinet design truly unique with additional features such as lighting and integrated outlets. For example, you can install fancy LED lights under the cabinets to create a cool ambiance. Add integrated details inside the cabinets to charge your electric toothbrush or plug in a hairdryer without cluttering the counters.
Benefits of Hiring a Professional Cabinet Maker
While nothing is stopping you from building custom cabinets yourself, we recommend you leave it to the pros, like Holland Custom Cabinets. Here’s why:
- Professional cabinet makers have years of experience and specialized knowledge. They understand the intricacies of cabinet design, construction, and installation.
- When you hire a professional, you get access to customized solutions. They can tailor cabinets for bathrooms to your specific needs and preferences.
- Professional custom cabinet makers use top-notch materials and pay attention to details. Plus, they bring a wide range of high-quality materials, hardware, and finishes to the table.
- Hiring a pro can actually save you time and money in the long run. They have the tools, equipment, and resources to do the job right. You won’t have to worry about making costly mistakes or spending hours figuring out the process.
The Bottom Line
Custom solutions for small bathrooms can help you make the most of limited space. Remember, a small bathroom isn’t necessarily bad, provided you know how to make it work. Investing in custom bathroom cabinets is the most straightforward way to maximize storage, so you have more room to play around with!
If you’re interested in custom bathroom cabinets, Holland’s Custom Cabinets is just a phone call away. As premium custom cabinet makers, we take pride in our craftsmanship and high-quality materials. For more information, get in touch with us today.