Congratulations on Your New Holland’s Custom Cabinets!
CABINET CARE—Your new Holland’s cabinets are made from high-quality materials and finishes. Like any other piece of furniture, proper care and maintenance is required to keep them looking new.
Cabinet Maintenance Tips:
A. HARDWOOD CABINETS
Water Is Your Worst Enemy
If you have a spill or after doing dishes there is any water on the cabinets, wipe it off completely with a soft, clean, dry microfiber towel. Pay particular attention to the edges of the cabinets and the inside edges of the doors.
Cleaning Your Cabinets
If you have a spot on your cabinets that won’t wipe off with a dry microfiber towel, try a lightly dampened microfiber towel to remove the stain.
Every six months (or sooner if you think it’s needed), clean cabinets with a quality liquid furniture polish, such as Old English Lemon Oil. Do not use an aerosol spray type polish. Also, avoid products that contain silicone. These products attract dust and could harm the finish.
B. ACRYLIC CABINETS
Acrylic cabinets become more scratch resistant a few days after the removal of the protective film. This process can be accelerated by lightly polishing the surface with Novus No. 1 or Plexus plastic polishes, using a clean microfiber cloth.
- Clean, wet microfiber cloth
- Clean wet chamois
- Novus No. 1 polish (gloss finish only)
- Nonabrasive soap and detergent
- Warm water
- Paper towels
- Dry wipe at any time
- Brushes, scourers, or scrapers
- Abrasive cleaners
- Thinners or methylated spirits
C. TSS THERMO STRUCTURED SURFACES CARE
On smooth or slightly embossed surfaces, avoid spraying products directly onto the surface as this may leave stains and marks. Instead, apply the non-aggressive detergent product on a soft damp cloth or magic eraser.
- Use Cold Water for fruit juice, marmalade, syrup, milk, coffee, liqueurs, soap, and ink.
- Use Cold Water and Detergent for fats, sauces, dry blood stains, wine, liqueurs, and eggs.
- Use Hot Water and Detergent for jelly, vinyl glue, watercolors, and organic waste.
- Use mix of 50% Water/50% Rubbing (Isopropyl) Alcohol for vegetable oil, pens, magic markers, and foundation make-up.
- Use Acetone for nail polish and linseed oil.
Holland’s Custom Cabinets wants you to enjoy your cabinets for years and years to come. If you have questions about how to clean or maintain your Holland’s Custom Cabinets, give us a call at 619.443.6081 or send email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.